Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Thanks, Yay/Nay, Russell, and Matt!

Well in case you haven't heard, I'm sure most of you are reading this from it, the Guardian has quoted my interview with Russell and linked in here. This has caused the traffic of this blog to increase...by over 10xs! So, a special shout out to the Guardian for all of that, along with Consequences of Sound who quoted me, the Spinner, and the dozens of other sites, you guys and girls are all the bomb. For those of you coming here for the first time, welcome! Hope you visit soon and often and enjoy your stay.

I've added a "Yay" "Nay" feature. Since no one ever wants to comment on stuff, just click "Yay" if you agree with something I write, or enjoy it in anyway, and "Nay" if you feel the opposite. I thought it'd be better than having "Interesting" or "Insightful" and other adjectives that mean roughly the same thing in the context of the blog. Simple "Yay" and "Nay" ought to get the job done. So it'd be awesome if you could all click it on posts.

Unfortunately, my interview with Russell is over, and NME has decided to steal my interview, that was nice. I talked to Luke Lewis about it and he said it was done last week, that was when Part 1 of mine was done, I doubt there's a coincidence. Why would they choose Russell over Kele if not for my interview when they interview Kele all the time? Yeah Russell just left Ash, and t hat's a primary reason they chose him, but I'm positive they chose to do an interview in general because of mine. So way to go NME, way to steal my thunder. When I told Russell about it he said,

"And i wouldn't pay any attention to them, their interviewer was clearly too busy playing Angry Birds and seemed to make half that stuff up."

So looks like I wasn't the only one who got fucked over in this scenario.

What's next for the blog?

Well, seeing as I've just finished interviewing Russell, I'm going to interview Matthew Tong, drummer of Bloc Party, as he is available and said he would answer 5 of my questions. Choosing the questions will be difficult, but let's see how this goes. A friend of mine who lives in Germany, Chris, already asked him 4, all of which are great questions, so I'm left to try to think of questions just as good but not as obvious! At least I can base some of my questions off of his!

Here's some of Matt's Animal Collectivesque solo material from last year.



I'm also seeing Ra Ra Riot tomorrow night, hopefully I'll be able to corner Wes before or after the gig for an interview.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment